Welcome to Kids Games!
We are joining with several community organizations to put on Kids’ Games. It’s a fantastic way to reach youth in our community in a positive way.
The week of June 15-19, 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm, we will join Alger Park CRC, Seymour CRC, St. Luke AME, Tabernacle Church, Alger Middle School, Garfield Park Neighborhood Association, and the KROC Center, to host Kids’ Games at the KROC Center.
Because we are able to host this at the KROC, we feel participation will be very high. Enrollment is capped at 300 entering K-4th graders as we do have limited space and want to provide adequate volunteer support.
There are many volunteers needed to make this run smoothly, so the kids have a wonderful week of learning and feeling God in their lives in a fun and safe environment. Opportunities for volunteering include:
- Small Group Leaders – 6 leaders / grade week long commitment, 18yrs +
- Small Group Helper – 6 helpers / grade week long commitment, 12 yrs+
- Registration Helper – 15 people, June 15 only
- Bible Drama Helper – 15 people
- Experiential Sport/Game Leader – 2 people week long commitment, 18yrs+
- Experiential Sport/Games Helper – 4 people week long commitment, 12 yrs+
- Educational Segment Leader – 2 people week long commitment, 18 yrs+
- Educational Segment Helper – 4 people week long commitment, 12 yrs+
- Security Team – 10 people / night
- Snack Helper – 10 people/ night
- Track Leader – week long commitment, 18 yrs+
- Track Helpers – week long commitment, 12 yrs+
Tracks are multi-age activities offered for the last 45 minutes of each night. Kids split from their small groups into their chosen track.
Volunteering will look a bit different because we are collaborating with the KROC Center. All volunteers will need to register with the KROC (Salvation Army Volunteers ), have a background check and take the on-line “Safe from Harm” training. Once these are complete, you will be directed to the signup genius to choose your volunteer opportunities. If you are not able to do this on-line, please contact Julie Thomas (616 245-4115).
This opportunity will be like nothing else you do this summer. Touching lives in our community, through God’s love, can be a beautiful and powerful thing. We hope you will join us for a life changing week!
Ready to sign up your own kids to participate in KidsGames? Click here.
Want more general information about the program? Check out their website http://kidsgamesregistration.com.