BranchStudents is a community of 6th-12th graders united with God in the renewal of all things through Christ. We meet the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month from 5:30-7:00pm, from September through March. Our time includes food, discussion and reflection, and play. On months where there is a 5th Sunday, we plan a night of relationship building and fun. We also get students away from the normal rhythms periodically for times of retreat and reflection in the winter.
To provide a meal for the middle schoolers, sign up here.
- February 9 @ the home of the Workman’s
- February 16 @ the home of the Oeverman’s
- March 1 @ the home of the Workman’s
- March 15 @ the home of the Oeverman’s
- End of year party – stay tuned for details
February 9, 16, and March 1 are at the Karel’s home.
March 14-15 is our spring retreat, Genesis, in Traverse City.
(If you need specific addresses for the homes listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
How you can help
We are convinced that for BranchStudents to be transformational and life-giving, it will truly take a village – which includes you. 🙂
This doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to sign up to be a leader on Sunday night, or that you have to facilitate a small group discussion with students. There will be tons of ways to be involved (making food, opening up your home, providing carpooling, helping us get supplies for a game, helping with communication… to name a few).
We hope you will consider how you can pitch in to help us grow and bless our students and then let us know with a simple email: email@example.com
Values that Guide Us
The decisions we make and the direction we head are all deeply influenced by what we value. This is true for individuals and communities. For BranchStudents, we have identified these values as important.
- Authenticity – We want to foster a place where students (and adult leaders) can be honest and open about who they are because it’s in that authenticity that we are able to grow and be transformed.
- Openness – Faith is complex. And the world is no less so. Which is why we all need a place where we can ask questions and explore. BranchStudents will be one of those places.
- Wisdom – Learning how to navigate an incredibly complex world requires more than just knowing the ‘right’ answers — it requires growing in wisdom. Our discussions and times of reflection (rooted in openness and authenticity) will be intentional about fostering wise hearts and minds.
- Community – Relationships are central to faith. We simply can’t, and were never meant, to do it alone. That’s why we’ll consistently spend time eating, playing and growing in community.
- Fun – God commanded the Israelites to party (aka festivals and feasts). Jesus is found at weddings and Passover celebrations. In other words, joy and laughter are important parts of our faith. So make no mistake – we’ll spend lots of time being crazy and having fun.