Lent. A six week period that ushers us towards Easter. A time of reflection and surrender. A gift.
This year, we’ll use James Bryan Smith’s book, The Good and Beautiful Life to frame our conversation on Sundays. AND…we invite you to join with others for the six weeks of Lent in one of these three ways:
- Grab a book and a few friends. Invite some neighbors, co-workers, or other Branch folks to meet in your home or at a coffee shop for the six weeks to discuss a chapter from Smith’s book (a schedule is below). Questions for each chapter are in the back. All you have to do is decide what ones you’ll use, and invite.
- Join us on Thursdays for a meal and discussion. Every week from 5:45-7:15 one of our Missional Communities meets. During Lent, they’ll devote time each week to discussing the book. Email email@example.com if interested.
- Join us on a video conference Wed. nights from 8:30-9:30pm. Teresa will host a conversation on that week’s chapter. Video conference is something new we’re trying — but we think it could be a way to connect in the midst of a busy week. We’ll hope you give it a try. Just click this link at 8:25 on Wednesdays! https://zoom.us/j/560656129
Here’s the schedule for Lent:
- March 10-16 – Chapters 1 and 2
- March 17-23 – Chapter 3
- March 24-30 – Chapter 4
- March 31-April 6 – Chapter 10 (please note the change)
- April 7-13 – Chapter 6
- April 14-20: Chapter 7